Join our winning team
Lester is a leader in the B2B publishing industry, providing unparalleled publishing services for trade associations across North America. Established in 2001, we've built a solid track record of enhancing the communications initiatives of our association partners through the development and execution of high-quality print and digital media products.
ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE
Permanent, full-time position in Winnipeg, Man.
Lester Communications Inc. is a B2B publishing company that specializes in connecting trade and professional associations with the people and organizations they need to reach. We are currently in the midst of an exciting growth period, and are looking to add more advertising sales executives to our expanding sales team.
About the Job
The advertising sales executive is the backbone to Lester’s success, and generates advertising revenue in print and digital media, including a number of trade and professional magazines. An engaging, fast-paced and challenging position, the advertising sales executive targets and qualifies prospective clients that are looking to sell products and services to specific markets, and establishes key relationships with decision-makers.
The Advertising Sales Executive will be responsible for:
- Identifying, targeting and qualifying prospective advertising clients for different trade and association publications
- Building relationships with key advertising decision-makers via the phone and through email
- Preparing price quotes and negotiating rates
- Using an internal customer relationship management system
- Closing advertising insertion orders on an ongoing basis
- Meeting assigned revenue targets
What you have to offer:
- One to three years of sales experience (preferably in a B2B environment) is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency is required
- Effective time management skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Confidence to cold call prospective clients and discuss opportunities with them over the phone
- A can-do, enthusiastic attitude
- A willingness to learn new industries and business sectors in North America
- A relentless desire to succeed
- An interest to learn new sales strategies to close more deals more quickly
What we have to offer:
- Training and coaching to maximize your earning potential
- Baseline of previous advertising accounts to build on
- Individualized targets to guide you in reaching your income goals
- A fast-paced, collaborative and fun work environment
- The opportunity to build your skills under the guidance of experienced sales executives
- Full-time, permanent position (Monday to Friday), based in Winnipeg, Man. (the successful candidate must be able to commute to the office)
- Benefits package with successful completion of three-month probationary period
If you think you are the person we are looking for, please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. We are excited to meet you!