Join Our Winning Team
Lester Communications is a recognized leader in the contract publishing industry providing unparalleled publishing services for trade associations across North America. Established in 2001, Lester has built a solid track record of enhancing associations’ communication initiatives through the development and execution of high-quality print and digital media products.
Advertising Sales Executive
PUBLISHING LEADER IS SEEKING TO HIRE AN EXTREMELY TALENTED, RESULTS-ORIENTED ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE
Base, Uncapped Commission & Benefits Lester Communications Inc. is a media leader in the contract publishing industry providing unparalleled publishing services for professional and trade associations across North America.
Overview: The Advertising Sales Executive generates advertising revenue in both print and digital media by targeting and qualifying prospects, establishing and building client relationships by phone with key advertising decision-makers, preparing email presentations and quotes, and negotiating rates with the ultimate goal of closing advertising insertion orders on an on-going frequent basis. Ideally, the individual best suited for this position will bring a knowledgeable background in the art of selling and closing techniques, superior communication skills, a can-do enthusiastic demeanour and a drive and hunger to earn six figures annually.
What you will receive in order to ensure your success:
- Training and coaching to maximize your earning potential
- A baseline of previous advertising accounts to build upon
- Individual targets to guide you in reaching your income goals
- 2-3 years sales experience in a b2b environment
- Effective time-management skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Bilingual (English/French) a definite asset, though not required
If controlling your own destiny excites you, then you are encouraged to apply by submitting your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25, 2013.
Salary: To be negotiated
We are currently looking for an experienced editor to work with our trade association clients and internal staff to produce top-quality print and digital publications. This enthusiastic and creative individual will be adept at working with multiple clients to produce products that meet standards of excellence. He or she will be technically proficient, an effective communicator and possess strong teamwork and collaborative skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the editorial director, the managing editor is responsible for:
- Managing editorial workflow
- Liaising with trade association clients to meet editorial goals and publication production schedules
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Researching and developing story sources
- Planning editorial content, sometimes in conjunction with clients
- Leading editorial planning conference calls with clients and their communications committees
- Assigning stories and features to freelance writers and sourcing proper photos and images
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Working with the design team to ensure layouts are visually appealing
- Writing when required
- Post-secondary degree, preferably with a Communications or Journalism background
- Proficiency in Canadian Press and Associated Press standards of writing
- Minimum two years editing experience, preferably in trade publications, involving skills related to tasks listed under Key Responsibilities
- Able to handle responsibility and possess excellent time-management skills
- Confident and decisive regarding editorial content
- Strong customer service mindset
- Commitment to ongoing learning
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in an environment with multiple demands
- Experience with current technologies like Smartphones and tablets is an asset
- Experience with online/digital publishing is an asset
Please email your resume and cover letter to:Jill Harris